Wonderful Experience at Abhinav for my Australian PR. These guys are so professional and their response are also very prompt and to the point. They definitely make sure that nothing is missed in the application. I surely recommend them!.
What is Canadian immigration, and how does it work?
What are the benefits of becoming a permanent resident in Canada?
Permanent residency in Canada comes with lots of perks for immigrants who migrate to this country for a comfortable and secure life:
- You get the right to live, work, and study anywhere in Canada
- Canada boasts of a robust economy with tremendous job opportunities across many industries, including IT, oil and gas industries, financial services,
- You can access the universal healthcare scheme and other social benefits provided by the government of Canada.
- Becoming a permanent resident is the first step towards becoming a citizen in Canada.
- Once you become a PR holder, you can sponsor your immediate family members to join you in Canada.
- Canada provides free education to all children under the age of 18. It includes both primary and secondary school education, up to a Canadian high school diploma.
- Canada is also one of the safest countries globally, so as a permanent resident, you can be rest assured that you and your family will live in a safe place and be secure in their lives.
There are many options for people who wish to relocate to Canada permanently. They are described as follows:
- Federal Economic Class.
- Provincial Economic Class.
- Quebec Immigration.
- Business Immigration, including the Start-Up Visa and Self-Employed Program
- Temporary Residence First, Then Transition to Permanent.
- Family Class Sponsorship.
Am I eligible to immigrate to Canada?
If you want to kick-start your Canada immigration process, you must fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- You must be between 18-45 years of age
- You must prove your proficiency (minimum CLB 7) in either English or French language.
- You must earn 67 points out of 100 in Canada’s point-calculator system
- You must be at least a graduate and have a minimum of one year of full-time work experience to apply for a Permanent Residency.
- If you are applying for Canada PR as a skilled worker, you need to provide ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) from an approved authority, such as WES.
What is Express Entry System?
Express entry is the fastest way to apply for permanent residency in Canada. It’s a highly competitive online tool for skilled workers planning to move to Canada. Express entry manages PR visa applications for the following immigration categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
The express entry follows a points-based system that grants scores to candidates based on their age, education, work experience, language skills, provincial nomination, arranged employment, and other adaptability factors.
How to immigrate to Canada via Express Entry?
You can apply for a Canada PR visa through Express Entry in six easy steps:
Step 1: Get the IELTS and ECA report
The process of Canada starts with the IELTS test and the ECA report from a designated body. WES is the most popular credential assessing body for Canada.
Step 2: Calculate your scores
In this step, try to score at least 67 points out of 100 to qualify for the visa process. Points are awarded based on your age, qualifications, professional experience, language skills, etc.
Step 3: Lodge an Expression of Interest
Now, it’s time to create an online profile mentioning all the necessary details related to your profile and get your CRS score.
Step 4: Receive an Invitation to Apply
IRCC conducts express entry draws fortnightly to invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool.
Step 5: Submit PR application
Once you receive an ITA, you have 60 calendar days to submit a complete permanent residency application. In this step, you must submit all required documents within the given timeframe.
Step 6: Get your visa
If your submitted documents are acceptable and found valid, you will get approval for your visa application.
What is a provincial nominee program?
Provincial Nominee Programs are designed for those who wish to live and work in a specific province in Canada. To apply, the applicant must demonstrate skills, education, and work experience to contribute to the provincial economic growth. Canadian provinces have their own provincial nominee programs that target people with specific skills needed in the province.
Some provincial nominee programs are linked with the Express Entry system. Under this process, you can directly apply for a provincial nomination. You can also apply for a provincial nomination first and then lodge an expression of interest. This way, you will instantly boost your CRS score and get an ITA.
Following are the provinces that run their PNPs:
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- New Brunswick
Start-up Visa Program
The start-up visa is a business immigration pathway for those wishing to establish an innovative business in Canada. There is no need for a minimum investment. All you need is get your idea approved by a designated body in Canada. You must also have sufficient funds to settle in Canada.
- One must have a qualifying business
- Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support from a designated entity showing that business has support
- Proficiency in language (English or French)
- Sufficient funds for settling in Canada
Student visa pathway
If you move to Canada on a student visa, your chances of securing permanent residency are great. You will also be eligible for express entry under the Canadian Experience Class or the federal skilled worker class as you gain work experience while studying in Canada. Having a Canadian education also helps you land a job offer faster than a candidate with overseas education.
The pathway allows a Canadian resident or citizen to sponsor their immediate family members or relatives to join them in Canada.
Following family members are eligible under this program:
- Spouse, partner, or dependent children
- Parents and grandparents
- Adopted child
- Relatives with certain conditions
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, then contact Abhinav Immigration Services, one of the best Canada immigration consultants in India. You can connect with us on or drop an email at [email protected]. We will provide your evaluation results and chart out the best Canada immigration pathway for you.