It is indeed historic turn of events, Canada Immigration welcomed over 300,000 newcomers for only the fifth time in its history. Moreover, Canada exceeds the target by 10,000 additional newcomers which was set for 330,800 immigrants as per 2019-2021 Immigration Levels Plan. The statistics shows, Canadian Government’s need for immigration to drive the economic boom and employment spree in the nation.As the statistics unfold, Indians are the largest migrating community in Canada for 2019. Another data shows that:
- 58% of its newcomers falls under economic class
- 27% from family sponsorship
- 15% migrated under the refugee class.
Since the leniency of immigration norms in Canada and introduction of Canada express entry system, Indians have always dominated the immigration influx in Canada. And, Indians are one of the most important communities in Canada who has contributed immensely for Canada’s wealth, progress and prosperity. According to the statistics, around 86,000 Indians became permanent residents in the year of 2019 more than any country in the world. Below is the immigration turnout data:
|Number of New Immigrants influx in 2019||341,180|
|5. United States of America||10,800|
|9. Republic of Korea||6,110|
45 % of the newcomers chose to settle in Ontario
- Year after year, Ontario continues to be the most preferred destination of the newcomers making it 45% of the national share in 2019 due to the opportunities and growth of the province.
- British Columbia came in second place for the newcomers where it has welcomed 50,000 immigrants. Alberta and Quebec came third and fourth place for leading destination of newcomers to Canada.
- Provinces like Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Atlantic Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island & Newfoundland and Labrador) and Yukon enjoyed a very strong immigrant intake.
Province-wise New Immigrants influx to Canada: 2017-2019
|Prince Edward Island||2,350||2,135||2,445|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||1,170||1,530||1,850|
|Province/territory not stated||40||10||15|
35% of newcomers choose Greater Toronto Area as their destination
More than 118,000 newcomers under Canada PR Visa chose to settle in the GTA which consists of central city, Toronto, along with 25 surrounding suburbs. Considering the cities, Vancouver was in the second place welcoming 40,000 immigrants, followed by Montreal 35,000 and Calgary 20,000 approximately.After welcoming 341,000 in 2019, Canada is aiming for next milestone of 360,000 immigrants in 2020
As per the Immigration Levels Plan of 2019-2021, the Canadian Govt. is gearing to permit additional 341,000 newcomer in 2020. As the immigration cap was achieved and further exceeded the limit, the year 2020 is also expected to do the magic again this year. And, it is expected to touch the magic figure of 360,000 newcomers by 2020 giving more opportunities for the immigration aspirants, especially Indians.