Wonderful Experience at Abhinav for my Australian PR. These guys are so professional and their response are also very prompt and to the point. They definitely make sure that nothing is missed in the application. I surely recommend them!.
How to Live and Work in Canada Without LMIA Based Visa?
Over the years, the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) visa has played a pivotal role in providing aspiring immigrants an opportunity to live and work in Canada for up to four years. The visa category allows Canadian employers to hire foreign skilled professionals for jobs for which there is a scarcity of local talent.
Note: This article is only for Knowledge of the users, please note that we don't assist for work visa and don't assist for any recruitment process.
Start your process now
Issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), the LMIA is a document that makes sure that no right of a Canadian citizen or employee has been violet while hiring a skilled worker overseas. The primary goal of LMIA is to protect the rights and interests of Canadian citizens.
Obtaining an LMIA is a bit tricky due to numerous legalities involved. This is why majority of candidates opt for a Canadian permanent residency visa via Express Entry Program. An Express Entry is a point-based system that is further divided into three streams:
- Federal Skilled workers
- Trade Skilled worker
- Live in Care Givers
Let’s talk about them in brief:
Federal Skilled Workers- The category is introduced for highly skilled professionals who have the right skills and expertise to fuel the Canadian economy. Candidates who choose this stream are evaluated based on the following factors:
- Education background
- Work experience and level of skills
- English proficiency, and
- Other factors
The category can be further divided into following sub-categories:
- Federal skilled workers Program - for applicants with skills that are relevant to the Canadian economy.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program - for applicants having expertise in skilled manual work.
- Canadian Experience Class - for applicants with in-Canada work experience.
As of January, 2015, the Express Entry System has been used to manage and control the flow of skilled workers in Canada. The system allows prospective immigrants to showcase their interest in moving to Canada by providing answers related to their age, language test score, ECA, work experience, etc. The process is absolutely free and takes around 6 months to be processed. Provincial Nominee Programs- This is yet another extremely popular way to migrate to Canada if you don’t have a Canada work permit from India. The program is targeted at individuals who have received a nomination from any Canadian province or state. The candidate has to apply direct under the PNP program.
Caregiver Program- The visa type can be grouped into three categories:
- Caring for Children Pathway- The pathway is apt for those who have a work experience in providing childcare in their home country.
- Live-in Caregiver Program- The program is for both live-in caregivers as well for those with an approved Live-in Caregiver Program work permit by Labor Market Impact Assessment.
- Caring for the individuals with High Medical Needs Pathway- If you have providing your services to the elderly or disabled people in Canada, then you are eligible to apply for a permanent residence in Canada under this category.
What is the Processing time of Obtaining Canada PR Visa from India?
Canada has one of the fastest visa processing times as compared to any other country, thanks to Express Entry System. With the advent of this online tool, the processing time taken for each application has been reduced to 6 months. So, if you meet the eligibility criteria and satisfy all requirements pertaining to your application, then you can move to Canada within the period of 6 months.