Wonderful Experience at Abhinav for my Australian PR. These guys are so professional and their response are also very prompt and to the point. They definitely make sure that nothing is missed in the application. I surely recommend them!.
Australia Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
The Subclass 489 for Australia visa is a provisional visa which allows a skilled applicant to live and work up to 4 years. The basic requirement, however is to be sponsored by either a relative living in a designated area or a State or Territory Government.
To apply for Australia permanent residency status under this subclass, one must show at least 2 years of stay with a minimum of 12 months’ work experience in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia.
Benefits Under Subclass 489
The Visa Holder, along with the accompanying dependent family members can:
- Stay for up to 4 years in Australia.
- Live, work and study in a specified region of Australia.
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as they want while the visa is valid.
- Apply for permanent residency, if eligible.
With ABHINAV’s long running streak, the Subclass 489 - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa can be made possible through the following pathways:
- The Invited Pathway - One can be eligible for Subclass 489 by being nominated by an Australian State or Territory or be sponsored by a relative residing in the designated area.
- The Subsequent Entry Pathway - Known as the family visa pathway, this visa category is introduced for those whose family members already hold a Subclass 489 provisional visa or 475, 487, 495 or 496 visas.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Following selection factors mark the eligibility of the candidate in order to apply for a visa in the General Skilled Migration program.
- Nominated by state or territory government agency.
- Sponsorship from an eligible relative.
- 18 - 49 years of age.
- Occupation listed in eligible Australia Skilled Occupations List.
- Acquire a positive Skills Assessment report from the Assessment Authority.
- English language, health and character requirements.
- Invitation from Skill Select to apply for a visa.
It is essential for the applicant to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to apply for Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Subclass 489 Provisional visa, through SkillSelect to be invited by the Department of Immigration. After receiving the invitation to apply, the applicant must lodge his/her application within 60 days from the date of receipt, otherwise the invitation will lapse.
As a pioneer Immigration consultancy in Delhi & Pan India, Visaexperts takes pride in providing accurate guidance on your Australia visa application. To Know more about Subclass 489 and other Australian Immigration News, get in touch with us @ [email protected]. or on (+91) 859 533 8595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.