Wonderful Experience at Abhinav for my Australian PR. These guys are so professional and their response are also very prompt and to the point. They definitely make sure that nothing is missed in the application. I surely recommend them!.
L1A Visa Program for the USA
The L1A visa program is a non-immigrant intra-company transfer visa that allows foreign companies to send their highly skilled managers and executives to work in any of their affiliated branches or offices in the United States. It is a temporary work visa with a maximum validity up to 7 years. To be eligible, it is important for an employee to work for the subsidiary or parent company for at least one year prior to transferring to the US.
In order to qualify under this program, an employer must meet the following requirements:
- The transferee must be a legitimate employee working in a managerial or executive (L1A) capacity of the qualifying company.
- Must be willing to move to the United States to offer services in an executive or managerial capacity for a branch of the same employer or company.
- An employee must demonstrate high-level managerial skills over employees
- There must be a qualifying relationship between the foreign firm and the US.
The L1A Visa for Managers and Executives
The L1A is a non-immigrant visa that enables intra-company transfer of managers and executives of multinational companies to work for the same company in the US. Also, having a L1A visa means the visa holder can use it as a tool to further apply for an EB1 Multinational Executive and Managers Green Card.
- Initially, the L1A visa is issued for a period of one year to work or set up new business operations in the US
- Second, the visa must be renewed on the basis of work done in the first year
- Third, if the visa gets renewed for another two years, then the holder can apply for the US permanent residency
L1-A Executive or Manager
It generally refers to the employee’s ability to direct the management or functions of the organization, establish goals, and exercise broad discretion while making decisions without much supervision, and has been subject to not more than general management by superiors.
An executive coming to the US for work is also eligible for apply for a Green Card (EB1-C) after one year.
The term ‘Managerial Capacity’ means that the person must not only supervise other employees but also perform managerial functions as well as other tasks at a senior level, within the organization. The person must have the authority to manage the organization, specific department, or a component. Apart from this, he/she has the following authorities:
- To hire and fire or recommend personnel actions (if another directly supervises employees), or if no direct supervision, functions at a senior level and
- Exercises discretion over day-to-day operations of the activity or function.
As a pioneer immigration consultancy in Delhi & Pan India, Abhinav Outsourcing takes pride in providing accurate guidance for your US visa application. To Know more about L1A visa program, get in touch with us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or on (+91) 859 533 8595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.