Employment-Based Immigration: Third Preference EB-3

Known as the Third Priority Worker Visa, the EB-3 immigrant visa preference is an employment-based US permanent residence visa intended for individuals who do not qualify under the EB-1 or EB-2 criteria.

Who is eligible to apply for the EB-3 Visa?

  • Skilled Workers: Individuals with minimum of 2 years training & full-time work experience.
    • Two years of work experience
    • Must qualify as a skilled worker
  • Professionals: If you’re a member of any professional body and possess a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent.
    • Possess a valid U.S. baccalaureate degree or an equivalent foreign degree.
    • Exhibit a proof of experience as a qualified worker.

Please note that a baccalaureate degree cannot be substituted for Education and Experience, they are treated as two separate entities for assessment.

  • Other Workers: If an individual engages in unskilled labor, then he/she requires less than 2 years training or experience.
    • Engaging in an unskilled labor during application submission, when there’s a shortage of employees in the US.

Note: While the requirements are less stringent for the EB-3 classification, it however requires an approved Labor certification and a permanent full-time job offer required.

Application Process

Initially the employer files a I-140 - Petition for Alien Worker. In these regards to demonstrate the employer’s willingness to pay you, he/she must present documented proof relating to income tax return, annual report, or audited financial statement, to let the US authority know that he/she is in the ability to pay for your wages.

How to include Family for EB-3 Visa Holders

Once the individual is ready to move into the United States as an EB-3 visa holder, he/she can include their spouse along with them by applying for the E34 visa (skilled worker & professional) or EW4 visa (other worker). During the interim when you and your spouse are applying for a green card, your spouse may be eligible to file for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Minor children under 21 years of age may be granted admission to the US through the E35 (skilled worker & professional) or EW5 (other worker).

As a pioneer immigration consultancy in Delhi & Pan India, Abhinav Outsourcing takes pride in providing accurate guidance on your US visa application. To Know more about EB-3 immigration services, get in touch with us @web@visaexperts.com or on (+91) 859 533 8595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.


Free Consultation


Our Services

PR Skilled Visa PR Skilled Visa

PR Skilled Visa

Business & Investor Visa Business & Investor Visa


Visit Visa Visit Visa


IELTS Online Coaching IELTS Online Coaching

IELTS Online Coaching

Personal Branding Personal Branding

Personal Branding

Client Stories

We provide services for following countries

Canada PR Visa Canada PR Visa


Australia PR Visa Australia PR Visa


USA Visa USA Visa


UK Visa UK Visa


EU Visa EU Visa