Wonderful Experience at Abhinav for my Australian PR. These guys are so professional and their response are also very prompt and to the point. They definitely make sure that nothing is missed in the application. I surely recommend them!.
UK Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa
This visa category is designed for exceptionally- talented individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the field of science, arts, humanities, digital technology, film and television, medicine, etc. and have the intention to permanently settle and enrich the UK with their gifted skills. The Talent Visa to UK is an exceptional visa program, restricted to only 2000 applications, 200 out of which are reserved for the tech industry. Also, it is mandatory for an applicant to be an outsider of European Economic Area (EEA).
The visa is initially granted for a period of three years, which can be extended for another two years. Additionally, applicants may also apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after satisfying the eligibility criteria. An ILR is a pathway to Permanent Residency in the UK, which also enables a candidate to sponsor their family members and apply for the British Citizenship.
Exceptional Talent Visa UK Requirements
The UK Border Agency has drafted certain requirements for prospective applicants to fulfill in order to qualify under this visa program. First of all, any foreign applicant interested in the UK Exceptional Talent Visa (Tier 1) must get an Entrance Clear (EC) to become eligible to enter into the United Kingdom. And, in order to apply for an EC, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Fulfill the general requirements of application as outlined for the UK Exceptional Talent Visa.
- Must be able to obtain at least 75 points for EC or LR.
- Be able to acquire an endorsement letter from a designated competent body in the areas of their talent.
With a Designated Competent Body, we mean an organization which is authorized to judge whether the application is internationally recognized in their field or not.
The Length of Your Stay in UK
Once is visa is issued, you can stay in the country:
- For up to 5 years and 4 months, if you have applied outside the UK.
- For up to 5 years, in case the visa is applied within the country.
It’s entirely dependent on the candidate for how long they wish to apply for the visa. All they need to do is pay a healthcare surcharge for a period of time they have chosen to stay in the country.
Apart from, one may expand this visa for up to 5 years, and apply for the settlement, once they have been in the UK for 3 years (under Talent Visa) and 5 years (under Promise visa).
Limitations under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa:
- Take public funds of any type
- Must not get a job as a Doctor or Dentist
- Must not get a job as a sportsperson – Not even as a sports trainer
What is the Processing Time for UK Exceptional Talent Visa?
Generally, it takes around a period of 8 weeks for a decision to come. However, people with digital or technical background may expect faster decision provided they satisfy the following requirements:
- They have successfully enrolled for a well-known accelerator program in UK.
- The candidate is an integral part of senior management and has played a pivotal role in expanding the business in digital technology field.
- Interested in living in the areas outside of Greater London.
Apart from this, an applicant may expect a faster decision, if:
- They are a holder of peer-reviewed fellowship
- Work as a senior researcher with a reputed college/university/institute in UK
What’s the Next Step?
Successful candidates receive an email from Home Office along with a copy of an endorsement letter in their specific field of expertise. The letter is extremely important to further apply for visa. Also, one must apply for the visa within 3 months of receiving your letter of endorsement.
As a pioneer immigration consultancy in Delhi & Pan India, Abhinav Outsourcing takes pride in providing accurate guidance for your UK Exceptional Tier 1 Talent Visa. To Know more about UK Talent Visa services, get in touch with us @ email@example.com or on (+91) 859 533 8595 or directly interact with the expert through our Live Chat window.